Thursday, October 2, 2014

peach please!... chicken salad sandwich

When it comes to the kitchen I have a number of flaws. First of all, I am cheap. Second, I don't follow recipes. When preparing a meal, I am very imaginative and have adjusted my cooking habits to both of these faults. (Meaning, everything I create is one giant experiment.)

My latest food test came in the form of chicken salad sandwich. I was craving it, but per usual I was low on supply and unmotivated to travel to the store. After rummaging through my cupboards and reorganizing my fridge, it hit me: let's use peaches. From there a master piece was created!



The standard chicken salad sandwich includes a number of yummy ingredients including celery, apples, onions, mayonnaise and so on. My chicken salad sandwich housed a similar balance of tangy and sweet while maintaing the familiar texture. (Mine also ended up being much healthier.)

Here's the ingredient break down: Chopped peach, onion, and chicken, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, sunflower seeds, spices (I used salt, pepper and onion powder) and arugula for garnish. Remember, I do not follow recipes. There is no science or measurement to the ingredients used. Pick a consistency and flavor that works for you and run with it! 

Finally, I made the easiest biscuits! As mentioned, my kitchen was bare. This recipe requires hardly anything. Plus it is vegan, simple, and yummy. Check it out: biscuit recipe



The result was finger-licking-good. (Or in Barley's case, plate-licking-good!)

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment