Monday, April 20, 2015

a healthy sweet treat

When it comes to brownies I don't usually recommend blending together black beans and avocados,  but desperate times call for desperate measures. How did I end up here? Let me explain.

The secret's out, I like dessert. The other secret's out, I want to look good this bikini season. These two obsessions unfortunately do not go hand in hand. So what's a girl to do when her sweet tooth gets the best of her? Blended Mexican mush... (kidding!)

Today I introduce a healthy recipe that I actually enjoy. Here is how to make a gooey, delicious, protein packed, sweet treat. 


Ingredients:
1 Can Black Beans
1/2 Avocado
2 Large Egg Whites
3 Scoops of Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
1 Apple
2 Tablespoons Coconut 
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350. In a food processor blend ingredients together until it becomes a pancake-like batter. Coat an 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 20-30 mins. Pull out of oven and let cool. 

Garnish with granola and honey. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment