Friday, March 6, 2015

the art of a collage wall

Because they are my favorite... a post is more than needed. Anyone who has visited my home (or the previous five) will know that this is staple to my design taste. I am sucker for anything eclectic and beautiful in any form. When I love something I clump it together among the other things that I love. You will see it on my shelves, on my night stands and most certainly on my walls.

Today I showcase the art of a collage wall and how to make it easily obtainable in any space. Here we go....

1.) Choose a handful or more of favorite finds. Mirrors, photos, canvas, antlers, keys, sculptures... you love it, you can hang it. My favs were pup approved.



2.) Pick a wall. This step is easier said than done. The space you feature a collage needs to serve a purpose and have plenty of room. And if you are feeling collage-crazy (I've been there) do not put two collages on the same wall if your area is condensed.

3.) Next, lay all of the finds out on the floor. Play with them, admire them, discover which pieces fit well next to one another. This your puzzle. Once you feel it is complete, step away and take a photo of the arrangement. Take another step away and see what you think. Still loving it? Check the photo. Love that too? You're golden. This process can take time. Trial and error, my friends.


3.5) Once you have found your ideal arrangement, measure it by height and width.

4.) Look at the photo you took and find the heart beat (the center) of your collage. Using your dimensions, plop the heart in the center. Then build. Let your limbs grow until a breathtaking tree has evolved and grown across your wall.

Is it delicious? Of course it is. It's a collection of things you love all displayed in one place. Now enjoy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment