Tuesday, April 1, 2014

how do you buy groceries?


This morning I woke up with an aching pain for food. I stumbled into the kitchen, opened every single cabinet door, and rummaged through the ridge.  An apple. That was the only item of food left in my home (and appropriate to eat for breakfast). It was finally that time again; I had to go grocery shopping.

With the addition of Trader Joe’s to our grocery community, it seems easier than ever to pick up healthy and hearty food on the cheap. Thank goodness. Long gone are the days of choosing budget over wellness. Plus, shopping there is so stinking simple.  Honestly, aside from the long lines I am fully on board with the TJ movement and it is my preferred buy. 

So here’s my grocery story: Clearly I eat everything until there’s nothing left and I am forced to go shopping. Call it procrastination, but I call it teaching myself to be resourceful. So what resources do I provide myself?  My grocery list is boring, generic, but it usually does the trick… And after reading so many blogs on “meal prep” or “menu setting” I think I have found foods that work well for me and can be prepped or used differently for a variety of meals.


Milk
Almond Milk
Cottage Cheese
Plain Greek Yogurt
Block of Cheese
Apples
Lemons
Berries
Avocado
Bell Peppers
Spaghetti Squash
Turkey
Frozen Chicken
Frozen Veggies
Bread
Crackers
Hummus
Black Beans
Quinoa
Tomato Sauce
Whole Wheat Pasta
Cereal/Protein Bars
Oatmeal

So how do you buy? Have you joined the Trader Joe's bandwagon too? If not... tell me your grocery secret! 

No comments:

Post a Comment